- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a
- 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Combine filling ingredients; spread on the bottom of half of the
- cookies. Top with remaining cookies.
- For glaze, combine sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired
- consistency. Spread over tops of cookies; dry. Using a small new
- paintbrush and food coloring, paint holiday designs on cookie tops.
- Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 330 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.