- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onions,
- parsley, thyme, hot pepper sauce and remaining garlic in oil for 2
- minutes. Add mushrooms. Cook until green pepper is crisp-tender. Add
- tomato and peas; heat through.
- Discard bay leaf; add rice mixture to vegetable mixture and keep
- warm. In a nonstick skillet, cook and stir shrimp in lemon juice for
- 2 minutes. Add chicken; cook until chicken is no longer pink and
- shrimp has turned pink, about 3-5 minutes. Add to rice mixture;
- toss. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 258 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 591 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now