Packable Chocolate Chip Cake
I used this easy recipe frequently when I made brown-bag lunches for our children years ago. This recipe doesn't call for frosting, so slices travel well. Sour cream in the batter makes each piece deliciously moist. You're sure to enjoy this recipe.Barbara Hofstede, Waukesha, Wisconsin
12-16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, sour cream, oil, water and
- eggs. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for
- 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack to cool completely. Just before serving, dust with
- confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 294 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.