Packable Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe
I used this easy recipe frequently when I made brown-bag lunches for our children years ago. This recipe doesn't call for frosting, so slices travel well. Sour cream in the batter makes each piece deliciously moist. You're sure to enjoy this recipe.—Barbara Hofstede, Waukesha, Wisconsin
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling YIELD:12-16 servings
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, sour cream, oil, water and eggs. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Just before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 294 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC