Packable Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, sour cream, oil, water and eggs. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Just before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 294 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Packable Chocolate Chip Cake
"My mom made this cake years ago, so I was very happy to find it. I like to use about 3/4 to 1 cup of mini chocolate chips in this recipe."
"I've been making this recipe for years. It's an easy go-to recipe."