Packable Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, sour cream, oil, water and eggs. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate chips.
- 2. Pour into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Just before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 294 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Packable Chocolate Chip Cake
"My mom made this cake years ago, so I was very happy to find it. I like to use about 3/4 to 1 cup of mini chocolate chips in this recipe."
"I've been making this recipe for years. It's an easy go-to recipe."
"This is a wonderful cake. I about 3/4 cup chocolate chips, otherwise the chocolate is a bit overpowering.This is a great cake for potlucks."