- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, sour cream, oil, water and eggs. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Just before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forPackable Chocolate Chip Cake
"I've been making this recipe for years. It's an easy go-to recipe."