Pacific Rim Salmon Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 5 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 5 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, horseradish, parsley, 3 teaspoons sesame oil, honey and pepper. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add salmon and green onions. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 to 1-1/2 hours, turning occasionally. Add remaining sesame oil to remaining marinade. Cover and refrigerate for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill salmon, skin side down, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 8 servings.
1 fillet equals 333 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 337 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Pacific Rim Salmon
"I usually don't cook fish at home but this recipe intrigued me. This was the absolute best salmon we have ever tasted!"
"Very good--used orange juice instead of pineapple; along with Pasta with Cream Sauce and Green Salad with Herb Vinaigrette (both TOH recipes) this makes a great dinner for family or quests."
"Delicious! Good for company, too."
"For all the yummy ingredients this recipe calls for, I was disappointed in the results. It was just okay.~ Theresa"
"Simple to make. I used orange-pineapple juice and grilled it. My sister and BIL both commented on how good this was. Would definitely make this again."
"Delish! I used orange juice instead of pineapple. Super easy and fast. Will be making it again very soon!!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.