- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Pastry for a double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon if desired, salt and water until smooth; add the blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge. Gently fold the strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and lemon juice into the blueberry mixture. Pour into pastry; dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake for 45-50 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Ozark Mountain Berry Pie
"I always use Minute Tapicoca making this and other fruit pies. Makes a lot better fruit pies!"
"I've made this a couple times using fresh berries, always delicious! I see some people have used frozen berries with success. Do you defrost the berries first or add them to the blueberry mixture still frozen?"
"I made this pie last night for my husband and grandkids. It came out perfect and everyone devoured it. I used fresh berries, followed the recipe as written and it set up perfectly. I will definitely make another, as there were NO leftovers. Awesome flavor and texture. Thanks so much for this delicious recipe."
"This is a similar recipe to my "South Mountain Berry Pie" - it uses the same variety and amounts of berries. I have entered the pie several times in our local fair and have won champion on it each time. It is delicious!"
"Thanks, Elaine Moody. I love it. I used frozen berries so I added a little more corn starch and a little more sugar. I was afraid of the oven temp of 300 but it brown beautifully."
"This is quite possibly one of the most delicious pies! LOVE!"
"I've tried several berry pies and this one is definitely a winner"
"Delicious - I was using frozen mixed berries so I didn't cook the blueberries down but it still turned out excellent. Great flavor and it set well, nothing more annoying than a runny berry pie ;)"
"Wow, this is so yummy. Thanks for the recipe, Elaine."
"I doubled this filling for my deep dish pie plate. I also added an extra 1/4 C sugar and only 1T lemon juice. This was a great pie with vanilla ice cream. Wouldn't change a thing. Sometimes blackberries are not very sweet even though we live in berry country (Oregon) so I always add a little more sugar. Great!"