Ozark Blueberry Pie Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 cup shortening
- 6 tablespoons ice water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine first eight filling ingredients. Stir in blueberries; set aside.
- 2. For crust, in another bowl combine the flour, salt and mace. Cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly. Gradually add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and toss with a fork until a ball is formed. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 3. Divide pastry in half so that one ball is slightly large than the other. Roll out large ball on a lightly floured surface to fit a 9-in. pie plate.
- 4. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry even with edge of plate. Add the filling. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Beat egg with water; brush over crust. Cut slits in top.
- 5. Bake at 425° for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 583 calories, 28g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Ozark Blueberry Pie
"...not the best combination of flavors."
"Can you use a generic pie crust instead of this one?"
"this is likely the Best pie my husband and I ever ate!!Can't wait to make it again."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.