Ozark Blueberry Pie Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 cup shortening
- 6 tablespoons ice water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine first eight filling ingredients. Stir in blueberries; set aside.
- 2. For crust, in another bowl combine the flour, salt and mace. Cut in shortening until mixture is crumbly. Gradually add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and toss with a fork until a ball is formed. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- 3. Divide pastry in half so that one ball is slightly large than the other. Roll out large ball on a lightly floured surface to fit a 9-in. pie plate.
- 4. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry even with edge of plate. Add the filling. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Beat egg with water; brush over crust. Cut slits in top.
- 5. Bake at 425° for 40 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 583 calories, 28g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Ozark Blueberry Pie
"...not the best combination of flavors."
"Can you use a generic pie crust instead of this one?"
"this is likely the Best pie my husband and I ever ate!!Can't wait to make it again."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.