- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shortening, chilled
- 4 to 5 tablespoons ice water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- For crust, combine flour, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture forms coarse crumbs. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until ingredients are just moistened. Divide dough in half.
- Between sheets of waxed paper, roll each half into a circle large enough to fit a 9-in. pie pan. Press one circle into the pan; set aside the second circle.
- For filling, combine cranberry sauce, sugars, flour, cornstarch, orange juice, orange peel and salt in a large bowl. Mix well. Stir in blueberries. Spoon filling into pie crust; dot with butter. Place second crust over filling. Flute edges and cut slits to vent steam.
- Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until center is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool to room temperature before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Ozark Blue-Cranberry Pie in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p84
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Ozark Blue-Cranberry Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 14, 2008
How can I keep my pie shells from becoming soggy when making cream pies ( like pumpkin pies)?
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Pie Recipes >
- Blueberry Pies >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >