Oysters Rockefeller Recipe
Cape Cod oyster farmers Beth and Bill Walton of Eastham, Massachusetts delight guests with this classic dish. It's deliciously simple!
- 3 dozen fresh oysters in the shell, washed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds kosher salt
- 1. Shuck oysters, reserving bottom shell; set aside. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add spinach; cook and stir until wilted. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheese, lemon juice and pepper.
- 2. Spread kosher salt into two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Lightly press the oyster shells down into the salt. Place one oyster in each shell; top each with 2-1/2 teaspoons spinach mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 6-8 minutes or until oysters are plump. Serve immediately. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Oysters Rockefeller
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC