Oyster Stuffing Recipe
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup shucked oysters, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1. In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the parsley, poultry seasoning, sage and pepper. Add bread cubes. Combine the egg, broth and oysters; add to bread mixture, stirring gently to combine.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160° and stuffing is lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 228 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 495mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Oyster Stuffing
"I loved it! It's just like my Grandma's except we don't use parsley. 5 stars!!!"
"I make this every year at Thanksgiving & Christmas."