- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup shucked oysters, drained and coarsely chopped
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the parsley, poultry seasoning, sage and pepper. Add bread cubes. Combine the egg, broth and oysters; add to bread mixture, stirring gently to combine.
- Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160° and stuffing is lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Oyster Stuffing in Taste of Home December/January 2008
Reviews for Oyster Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review