Oyster Sausage Stuffing Recipe
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 10 cups cubed day-old bread, toasted
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole oysters, drained
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1. Place soup mix in a bowl; add boiling water and let stand for 5 minutes. In a Dutch oven, melt butter. Stir in bread cubes and onion soup mixture. Cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Gently stir in the oysters, sausage, parsley and poultry seasoning.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 9 cups (enough to stuff an 8- to 10-pound turkey).
3/4 cup: 228 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 590mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Oyster Sausage Stuffing
"Derrell, do you substitute cornbread for all the bread? This sounds wonderful with cornbread. ljj"
"I use cornbread in of bread and always have rave reviews .Derrell"
"does the stuffing taste like fish? oyster is fish is it not?"