Oyster Sausage Stuffing Recipe
“I’ve had this wonderful, light recipe for more than 30 years and always use it during the holidays,” says Page Alexander from Baldwin City, Kansas. “But it’s so rich and buttery that I often serve it with pork roast or stuff pork chops with it during the year. It never fails to bring raves.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 10 cups cubed day-old bread, toasted
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole oysters, drained
- 1/2 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1. Place soup mix in a bowl; add boiling water and let stand for 5 minutes. In a Dutch oven, melt butter. Stir in bread cubes and onion soup mixture. Cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Gently stir in the oysters, sausage, parsley and poultry seasoning.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 9 cups (enough to stuff an 8- to 10-pound turkey).
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 228 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 590 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC