- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 10 cups cubed day-old bread, toasted
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole oysters, drained
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Place soup mix in a bowl; add boiling water and let stand for 5 minutes. In a Dutch oven, melt butter. Stir in bread cubes and onion soup mixture. Cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Gently stir in the oysters, sausage, parsley and poultry seasoning.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 375° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 9 cups (enough to stuff an 8- to 10-pound turkey).
Originally published as Oyster Sausage Stuffing in Country Woman November/December 2005, p27
Reviews for Oyster Sausage Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2009
"Derrell, do you substitute cornbread for all the bread? This sounds wonderful with cornbread. ljj"
Reviewed Nov. 3, 2009
"I use cornbread in of bread and always have rave reviews .Derrell"
Reviewed Nov. 2, 2009
"does the stuffing taste like fish? oyster is fish is it not?"