Oyster Mushroom Spread
Oyster mushrooms are a popular wild food in our area. Since they're expensive if you can find them in the grocery store, this appetizer is a real treat.—Judie Anglen, Riverton, Wyoming
20 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 pound fresh oyster mushrooms, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 pints heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Assorted crackers
- In a saucepan, combine the first four ingredients; bring to a boil
- over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 hours or
- until sauce is thickened to desired consistency, stirring
- occasionally. Serve warm on crackers. Yield: about 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 173 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.