Oyster Cheese Appetizer Log
When you say "holiday tradition" around our house, this appetizer comes to mind immediately. Every winter, I make lots of cheese logs and freeze them for when I'm expecting company or need to take food to someone's home.
The blend of smoked oysters, chili powder, nuts and cream cheese tastes good-even people who don't like oysters may enjoy this interesting appetizer.
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 garlic clove, peeled or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans (3-3/4 ounces each) smoked oysters, well-drained and chopped
- 3 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- Minced fresh parsley
- In mixer bowl, combine the cheese, steak sauce, Miracle Whip, garlic
- and onion. Stir in oysters and 1 cup of pecans. Shape into long
- cylinder (I use a French loaf baking pan). Roll in mixture of chili
- powder, remaining pecans and parsley. Yield: 1 18-inch long
- (2-1/2-in. diameter).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 117 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.