Oyster Cheese Appetizer Log Recipe
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced, or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans (3-3/4 ounces each) smoked oysters, well-drained and chopped
- 3 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In mixer bowl, combine the cheese, steak sauce, Miracle Whip, garlic and onion. Stir in oysters and 1 cup of pecans. Shape into two, 9-in. logs. Roll logs in mixture of chili powder, remaining pecans and parsley. Yield: 2 logs
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 117 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 62 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Oyster Cheese Appetizer Log
"We love smoked oysters, so when I found this recipe, I jumped on board. Not only was it easy to prep, I had everything on hand but the cream cheese. I did toast the pecans, which I believe just added to the smokey flavor of the oysters. It was a big thumbs up here, not ony for family, but friends. Definitely going to make it for my Mardi Gras celebration. A recipe file keeper! malverna"