Oyster Casserole Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 38 crackers)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pint shucked fresh oysters, drained
- 1/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a small bowl, toss the cracker crumbs and butter. In another bowl, combine the salt, nutmeg and pepper. In a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish, layer half of the crumbs, half of the oysters and 1/4 teaspoon of seasoning mixture.
- 2. Combine soup and milk; pour over the top. Layer with remaining oysters and another 1/4 teaspoon of seasoning mixture. Top with remaining crumbs and seasonings. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup: 203 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 399mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Oyster Casserole
"When my husband asked for oyster casserole for Thanksgiving, I cringed. Looking for recipes I cringed again until I found this one. It was DELICIOUS and vanished. The only change I made was to cut the oysters(which were huge!) in thirds to spread them out. Definately will make again; have given the recipe away already!"