- Place 1-1/3 cups chocolate frosting in a small bowl. Tint black with
- food coloring. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a
- corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert #125 or other large petal
- or flat pastry tip. Fill bag with black frosting and set aside.
- Frost mini cupcakes with some of the remaining chocolate frosting.
- Separate Oreo cookies, leaving cream filling on one side of the
- cookies. Place filling sides of cookies on frosted cupcakes for
- eyes, cream side up; attach brown M&M's with chocolate frosting.
- Trim plain cookies into triangles for ears; place above eyes. Insert
- #16 or other star pastry tip into another pastry bag. Fill bag with
- remaining chocolate frosting. Pipe feathers on ears and around eyes.
- Place yellow M&M's between eyes for beaks.
- In a large bowl, beat confectioners' sugar, butter, shortening and
- enough water to reach spreading consistency; frost large cupcakes.
- Arrange cupcakes side by side on a covered cake board.
- Pipe black frosting across tops of cupcakes for tree trunk and
- branches. Place owl cupcakes on branches. Yield: 21 cupcakes and 6
- mini cupcakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cupcake or 2 mini cupcakes equals 389 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.