- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 12 whole cashews
- 24 striped chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- 24 semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until blended. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, mix flour, oats, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- If necessary, cover and refrigerate dough 1 hour or until firm enough to shape. Divide dough in half; shape one portion into an 8-in.-long roll. Mix melted chocolate into remaining dough. Roll chocolate dough between two sheets of waxed paper into an 8-in. square. Place plain roll on chocolate dough. Wrap chocolate dough around plain dough, pinching together at the seam to seal. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 24 slices (3/8 inch). To make owls, place two slices side by side on an ungreased baking sheet; pinch the top of each slice for ears. Place a cashew between slices for a beak. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. While cookies are warm, place two kisses on each cookie, pointed side down, for eyes. (Kisses will melt slightly.) Top each kiss with a chocolate chip. Cool completely. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Owl Cookies
Sort By :
"So adorable! I just had to make these. Delicious combination of flavors."
"These were fun and creative to put together. I do favor drop cookies bc of how fast they are to put together. These are time consuming but they taste great and are really festive."
"TOH - would you add a photo of this recipe, please?"