Overnight Yeast Waffles Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the milk, butter and eggs; mix well. Combine flour and salt; stir into milk mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Stir batter. Bake waffles in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Yield: 10 servings.
2 waffles equals 220 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Overnight Yeast Waffles
"My family LOVED these! My very picky seven year old ate five and told me not to lose the recipe! They smell so good when the're cooking. Wondering if I should add a splash of vanilla. :-)"
"Really yummy and yet not sweet. I had to add some flour to the batter in the morning because it was a little runny for my liking. But an easy enough fix!"
"This is a good tasting and filling waffle. The yeast gives it a hint of something home-made and not from a mix. I will definately make this often."