Starting the day with an appealing, hearty breakfast is certainly a step in the right direction when you're trying to follow a healthy eating plan. These waffles are so good that I even freeze them for breakfast on busy mornings.—Mary Balcomb, Florence, Oregon
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the milk, butter and eggs; mix well. Combine flour and salt; stir into milk mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir batter. Bake waffles in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Overnight Yeast Waffles in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p12
Reviews for Overnight Yeast Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review