Overnight Yeast Waffles Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the milk, butter and eggs; mix well. Combine flour and salt; stir into milk mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Stir batter. Bake waffles in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Overnight Yeast Waffles
Sort By :
My family LOVED these! My very picky seven year old ate five and told me not to lose the recipe! They smell so good when the're cooking. Wondering if I should add a splash of vanilla. :-)
Really yummy and yet not sweet. I had to add some flour to the batter in the morning because it was a little runny for my liking. But an easy enough fix!
This is a good tasting and filling waffle. The yeast gives it a hint of something home-made and not from a mix. I will definately make this often.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >