Overnight Yeast Pancakes with Blueberry Syrup Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm buttermilk (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in buttermilk; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk the eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in yeast mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. To make pancakes, pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, water, syrup, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until berries pop. Yield: 18 pancakes (1 cup syrup).
3 pancakes with about 2 tablespoons syrup: 339 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 747mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Overnight Yeast Pancakes with Blueberry Syrup
"Yeast pancakes are new to me. It's almost like eating fresh bread for breakfast.I like that they are fast and foolproof for non morning people like me. I put the berries, sugar and water for the syrup together in a bowl in the fridge, and the cornstarch and sugar in a bowl by the stove so no measuring was required in the morning.It doesn't say to in the recipe, but I did stir the pancake batter in the morning before cooking the pancakes.This recipe will be nice for overnight guests."
"not a review, but a question: when a recipe calls for maple syrup, does it need to be the real thing, or can you use the imitation pancake syrup?"
"Delicious! Light texture and the sauce was quite good."