Overnight Yeast Pancakes with Blueberry Syrup Recipe
Nothing says "good morning" like these fluffy pancakes topped with a fruity homemade syrup. When I don't have the time to make the syrup, I'll sprinkle a few blueberries over the batter when I spoon it onto the griddle. —Katie Wollgast, Florissant, Missouri
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm buttermilk (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in buttermilk; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk the eggs, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in yeast mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- To make pancakes, pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, water, syrup, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until berries pop. Yield: 18 pancakes (1 cup syrup).
Originally published as Overnight Yeast Pancakes with Blueberry Syrup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p26
Reviews for Overnight Yeast Pancakes with Blueberry Syrup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2014
"not a review, but a question: when a recipe calls for maple syrup, does it need to be the real thing, or can you use the imitation pancake syrup?"
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2013
"Delicious! Light texture and the sauce was quite good."