Overnight Vegetable Salad
One of my all-time favorite side dishes, this marinated medley is well-received whenever I serve it - which is often. It's wonderful with turkey, but also pleasant with just about any main dish you can think of.
-Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2-1/2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups each fresh broccoli florets, sliced fresh carrots and yellow summer squash
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the vegetables; set aside. In a jar with a
- tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients and shake well.
- Pour over vegetables; toss gently. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours
- or overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with garlic powder and 1/2 cup oil and without salt) equals 105 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.