My friend Anne, whom I first met in sixth grade, gave me this recipe. Whenever I'm invited to a potluck and a salad is needed, I make a double batch. There are seldom any leftovers! This is also my favorite recipe to share.
- 1 can (16 ounces) tiny green peas, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) French-style green beans, drained
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos, optional
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine peas, beans, corn, onion, celery and pimientos. In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients; heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Pour over the vegetables. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Overnight Vegetable Salad in Reminisce September/October 1993, p49
Reviews for Overnight Vegetable Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review