My overnight eggs and veggies make a hearty breakfast for those who have to rush out the door. I use sliced potatoes, but frozen potatoes work, too. —Kimberly Clark-Thiry, Moorcroft, Wyoming
Recommended: 13x9 Potluck Recipes
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a greased 6-qt. slow cooker, layer the first five ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, water, milk, salt and pepper; pour over top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cook, covered, on low 7-9 hours or until potatoes are tender and eggs are set. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Overnight Vegetable & Egg Breakfast in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2015, p47
Reviews for Overnight Vegetable & Egg Breakfast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review