Overnight Tuna Casserole
Shirley also shares this update of an old-time favorite—comforting tuna casserole. "This may be the easiest tuna macaroni casserole ever," she informs. "I prepare it the night before, and then just pop in the microwave. There's no need to precook the macaroni, so there's really no fuss."
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a bowl, combine soup and milk until smooth. Add the tuna,
- macaroni, peas, onions and 3/4 cup cheese; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and refrigerate
- overnight. Microwave, covered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until
- bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese and let stand for 5
- minutes or until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 341 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 940 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now