Shirley also shares this update of an old-time favorite—comforting tuna casserole. "This may be the easiest tuna macaroni casserole ever," she informs. "I prepare it the night before, and then just pop in the microwave. There's no need to precook the macaroni, so there's really no fuss."
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a bowl, combine soup and milk until smooth. Add the tuna, macaroni, peas, onions and 3/4 cup cheese; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Microwave, covered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese and let stand for 5 minutes or until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Overnight Tuna Casserole in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Overnight Tuna Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review