- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a bowl, combine soup and milk until smooth. Add the tuna, macaroni, peas, onions and 3/4 cup cheese; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Microwave, covered, on high for 10-12 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese and let stand for 5 minutes or until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Overnight Tuna Casserole
Sort By :
"I liked it better with cream of mushroom soup. I thought 1 cup peas was too much, 1/2 to 3/4 cup would be better. I agree with other reviewer that peas seemed uncooked so advise pre-cooking some before adding to casserole."
"I made this one alot when the kids were at home. It's great for busy parents! I normally don't care for hot tuna but I did like this dish. Very easy to prepare."
"I have used this recipe repeatedly, and my family loves it. My husband doesn't like tuna, so I often substitute cooked chicken, and that works nicely too."
"I actually don't care for tuna casserole myself, so I've not tasted this one. But I've made it many, many times for the residents of my mom's adult foster home and they love it! I love how easy it is an that it cooks in the microwave -- great for summertime when you just don't want to heat up the house. And while I don't do tuna, I'll admit -- this one smells great! My mom says it's delicious, too! One tip I would give is to cook your frozen peas before putting it in the casserole -- otherwise they end up not cooking all the way through. Sometimes I use mixed vegetables instead of peas, too. And I just go ahead and mix the whole cup of cheese into the casserole, rather than sprinkling any on top."
"I first got this recipe from a cooking class I took over 35 years age. My family loves it!I have put it together in the morning and it works just fine too. My daughter makes it at least once a week for her family because her husband just loves it. I get many recipe requests when I take it to our camping club potlucks."