Overnight Stuffed French Toast Recipe
This brunch dish is so rich that no one will suspect each generous serving has just 3 grams of fat."I don't like to cook a lot in the morning so this make-ahead dish is perfect for us," says Brenda Childress of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.
- 20 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 3 cups egg substitute
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup plus 1-3/4 cups sugar-free maple-flavored syrup, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. Arrange 10 slices of bread in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread each slice with cream cheese. Top with remaining bread. In a large bowl, whisk the egg substitute, milk, 1/3 cup syrup, vanilla and cinnamon; pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until top is lightly browned and a thermometer reads at least 160°. Serve with strawberries and remaining syrup. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving equals 306 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 805 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC