Overnight Stuffed French Toast
This brunch dish is so rich that no one will suspect each generous serving has just 3 grams of fat."I don't like to cook a lot in the morning so this make-ahead dish is perfect for us," says Brenda Childress of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min.
- 20 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 3 cups egg substitute
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup plus 1-3/4 cups sugar-free maple-flavored syrup, divided
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Arrange 10 slices of bread in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated
- with cooking spray. Spread each slice with cream cheese. Top with
- remaining bread. In a large bowl, whisk the egg substitute, milk,
- 1/3 cup syrup, vanilla and cinnamon; pour over bread. Cover and
- refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until top is lightly
- browned and a thermometer reads at least 160°. Serve with
- strawberries and remaining syrup. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 306 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 805 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.