Overnight Sticky Rolls Recipe
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup pecan halves or walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, combine 2-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat milk, water and shortening to 120°-130°. Add to the flour mixture. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes; beat on medium for 3 minutes. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide dough in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread with remaining butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal.
- 4. Cut into 1-in. slices. Place rolls, cut side down, in prepared pans. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 20 minutes before baking. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Invert rolls onto a serving platter. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 271 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Overnight Sticky Rolls
"Phenomenal. We made these on Christmas Eve. Just popped in the oven in the morning for 20 min. Will be the new family tradition. We all loved them and so glad that it makes 2 doz."