Overnight Sticky Rolls Recipe
Smiles will greet you when you serve these yummy rolls. Seasoned with cinnamon and baked in a rich, gooey syrup, the goodies please everyone I know!
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 3/4 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup pecan halves or walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a bowl, combine 2-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat milk, water and shortening to 120°-130°. Add to the flour mixture. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes; beat on medium for 3 minutes. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup butter, brown sugar and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; divide dough in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Spread with remaining butter to within 1/2 in. of edges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal.
- 4. Cut into 1-in. slices. Place rolls, cut side down, in prepared pans. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 20 minutes before baking. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Invert rolls onto a serving platter. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 271 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Overnight Sticky Rolls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC