- 1 carton (15 ounces) Galbani® Reduced-Fat Ricotta Cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, spinach, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg whites, parsley, salt, onion powder, pepper and garlic powder. Combine spaghetti sauce and water; spread 1 cup in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Stuff uncooked manicotti shells with ricotta mixture; arrange over tomato sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30- minutes before baking. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Overnight Spinach Manicotti
Sort By :
"I make this all the flippin time....it's AWESOME! I double or triple the recipe and pop on a DVD while stuffing all the shells. It's great to fill up the freezer with the extra trays. If you do this, just don't add cheese on top until you defrost it for cooking. Enjoy!"
"This recipe is so good. The whole family loved it and we are having it for Christmas Eve dinner."
"I have been making this recipe since 2003 and it is ALWAYS a hit. I love the 'make it the night before' convenience."
"Nice flavor, might add the remaining mozza and parm near end of cooking time next time rather than before cooking."
"Excellent recipe and super easy. Will definitely be making this many times in the future."