Overnight Spinach Manicotti Recipe
- 1 carton (15 ounces) reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4-1/2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, spinach, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg whites, parsley, salt, onion powder, pepper and garlic powder. Combine spaghetti sauce and water; spread 1 cup in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Stuff uncooked manicotti shells with ricotta mixture; arrange over tomato sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30- minutes before baking. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Overnight Spinach Manicotti(2)
Sort By :
I make this all the flippin time....it's AWESOME! I double or triple the recipe and pop on a DVD while stuffing all the shells. It's great to fill up the freezer with the extra trays. If you do this, just don't add cheese on top until you defrost it for cooking. Enjoy!
This recipe is so good. The whole family loved it and we are having it for Christmas Eve dinner.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >