We're obsessed with this easy slow cooker breakfast recipe. Layer the ingredients overnight and wake to savory, breakfast perfection. Recipe provided by Jones Sausage
Recommended: 50 Hearty Breakfast Casseroles
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream (or half and half)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (20 oz) bag refrigerated hash browns
- 4 ounces shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (5 oz) package Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Sausage Links, sliced into coins
- 1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl combine eggs and cream; whisk until well combined. Sprinkle onion powder, salt and both peppers over egg mixture while whisking. Whisk until completely combined. Set aside.
- In slow cooker, combine hash browns and about 1/2 of each of parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, sausage, sun-dried tomatoes and basil. Using fingers, gently toss until combined. Pour egg mixture over top; if necessary use spatula to smooth out top.
- Set aside about 1/2 of remaining mozzarella cheese (approximately 2 ounces). Sprinkle remaining ingredients over top of casserole. Cover slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours on low or until center is cooked through. A thermometer inserted into center should read 160°F.
- Sprinkle casserole with remaining cheese, serve and enjoy! Yield: 8 servings
Originally published as Overnight Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole in Jones Sausage 2016
Reviews for Overnight Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review