Overnight Slaw Recipe
I love to make this recipe during the fall and winter months when salad ingredients are less abundant. I also enjoy the ease of preparation when using my food processor.
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 4 mild white onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, onions and carrots; set aside. In a saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in oil. Pour over cabbage mixture. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight; stir several times. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 238 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC