Overnight Slaw Recipe
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 4 mild white onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, onions and carrots; set aside. In a saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in oil. Pour over cabbage mixture. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight; stir several times. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 238 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Overnight Slaw
"Even my husband liked this one! Next time I will try half celery seed/half celery salt b/c the celery taste seemed strong."