Overnight Slaw Recipe
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 4 mild white onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cabbage, onions and carrots; set aside. In a saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in oil. Pour over cabbage mixture. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight; stir several times. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 238 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Overnight Slaw
"Even my husband liked this one! Next time I will try half celery seed/half celery salt b/c the celery taste seemed strong."