Overnight Slaw Recipe
I love to make this recipe during the fall and winter months when salad ingredients are less abundant. I also enjoy the ease of preparation when using my food processor.
- 1 medium head cabbage, shredded
- 4 mild white onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, onions and carrots; set aside. In a saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in oil. Pour over cabbage mixture. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight; stir several times. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Overnight Slaw in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p57
Reviews for Overnight Slaw(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2012
Even my husband liked this one! Next time I will try half celery seed/half celery salt b/c the celery taste seemed strong.