- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, and cheese. Add chicken, macaroni and eggs. Stir in 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Toss bread crumbs with remaining butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forOvernight Scalloped Chicken Casserole
"Its easy to make and its always popular when I take it to potlucks."
"I have not made this recipe but I have made a similar one. The macaroni soaks up the liquid while sitting overnight and bakes up just fine. "
"I was wondering the same thing about the macaroni. Has anyone made this recipe with the macaroni uncooked?"
"Since it is being stored in The refrigerator overnight, it wouldn't need to be cooked (you can do the same trick with lasagne)."
"is the elbo mac in this recipie supposed to be left uncooked or do i cook it????"