This has to be one of the greatest casseroles ever! It serves the family or company equally well but really draws raves every time I take it to a potluck.
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken or turkey
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, and cheese. Add chicken, macaroni and eggs. Stir in 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Toss bread crumbs with remaining butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Overnight Scalloped Chicken Casserole in Reminisce January/February 1994, p45
Reviews for Overnight Scalloped Chicken Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review