Overnight Sausage and Grits Recipe
This recipe is so appealing because it can be prepared the night before and then popped into the oven an hour before you want to eat. This hearty dish works well as a side dish with pancakes or waffles or can be served as the main course.
- 3 cups hot cooked grits
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large bowl, mix the grits, sausage and cheese. Beat the eggs and milk; stir into grits. Add butter and garlic powder. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 259 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 491 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.
Reviews for Overnight Sausage and Grits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC