Overnight Sausage and Grits Recipe
- 3 cups hot cooked grits
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and crumbled
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large bowl, mix the grits, sausage and cheese. Beat the eggs and milk; stir into grits. Add butter and garlic powder. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 259 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 491 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 11 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.