Overnight Sausage and Grits Recipe
- 3 cups hot cooked grits
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large bowl, mix the grits, sausage and cheese. Beat the eggs and milk; stir into grits. Add butter and garlic powder. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 259 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 491mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Overnight Sausage and Grits
"Easy to make, tastes great and leftovers are very good, I'm passing it on to my kids."