This recipe is so appealing because it can be prepared the night before and then popped into the oven an hour before you want to eat. This hearty dish works well as a side dish with pancakes or waffles or can be served as the main course.
Recommended: 50 Hearty Breakfast Casseroles
- 3 cups hot cooked grits
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and crumbled
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix grits, cheese and sausage. Beat eggs and milk; stir into grits. Add butter and garlic powder. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove dish from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Overnight Sausage and Grits in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p18
Reviews for Overnight Sausage and Grits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review