Overnight Sausage and Grits Recipe
- 3 cups hot cooked grits
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, mix the grits, sausage and cheese. Beat the eggs and milk; stir into grits. Add butter and garlic powder. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Overnight Sausage and Grits in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p18
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Overnight Sausage and Grits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2010
Easy to make, tastes great and leftovers are very good, I'm passing it on to my kids.