Overnight Salad Recipe
A co-worker shared this recipe with me several years ago. It's never failed to be a hit when I serve it at a brunch or take it to a picnic or potluck. An added advantage is the fact you make it the day before - one less thing to worry about if you're entertaining or need to bring a "dish to pass" somewhere.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min. + cooling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1. Drain oranges, reserving juice. Place pudding mix in a small saucepan; whisk in the lemon juice, pineapple juice, water and reserved orange juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat. Transfer to a bowl; cool.
- 2. Add the pineapple, oranges and marshmallows. Fold in whipped topping. Chill overnight. Just before serving, fold in banana. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 137 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC