A co-worker shared this recipe with me several years ago. It's never failed to be a hit when I serve it at a brunch or take it to a picnic or potluck. An added advantage is the fact you make it the day before - one less thing to worry about if you're entertaining or need to bring a "dish to pass" somewhere.
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- Drain oranges, reserving juice. Place pudding mix in a small saucepan; whisk in the lemon juice, pineapple juice, water and reserved orange juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from the heat. Transfer to a bowl; cool.
- Add the pineapple, oranges and marshmallows. Fold in whipped topping. Chill overnight. Just before serving, fold in banana. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Overnight Salad in Country Extra May 1993, p51
Reviews for Overnight Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2010
"Have made this at least 10 times and gotten rave reviews every time."
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2008
"If you are a Weight Watcher this is only 3 points per portion. But you can lighten it up. Just check out the ingredients and see the possibilities."