- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover with kitchen
- towels; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and water until blended; brush over rolls.
- Press raisin halves into dough for eyes; press cherry halves into
- dough for noses. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve
- warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Knot-Shaped Rolls: Shape dough into 36 balls. Roll each into a 6-in. rope; tie into a loose knot. Tuck ends under; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Let rise and bake as recipe directs, increasing baking time to 10-12 minutes. S-Shaped Rolls: Divide dough into 36 portions. Roll each into a 10-in. rope. Shape rope into an “S”, then coil each end until it touches the center; place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Let rise and bake as recipe directs, increasing baking time to 10-12 minutes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 roll equals 116 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.