Overnight Refrigerator Rolls Recipe
Homemade dinner rolls couldn’t be tastier. Their buttery flavor makes them a heartwarming accompaniment to soups, salads and a variety of entrees.—Jennifer Kauffman Figueroa, Greenville, South Carolina
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, shortening, sugar, salt, egg and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (do not knead). Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 12 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 roll equals 168 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC