VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, shortening, sugar, salt, egg and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (do not knead). Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 12 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Overnight Refrigerator Rolls in Taste of Home February/March 2011, p59
Reviews forOvernight Refrigerator Rolls
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2014
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2013