Overnight Raisin French Toast Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place half of the bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with cream cheese and remaining bread.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Overnight Raisin French Toast(14)
Sort By :
Way, way, way too sweet!! OMG - it is
sickening sweet. I used cinnamon bread, should have at least skipped the additional sugar. Never again.... Wow....
I made this for Christmas morning brunch with our grown kids and their significant others. It was a huge hit and requested to have it again next year.
The (room temperature) regular cream cheese didn't melt at all - NOT low fat. Expected more of a maple syrup flavor. Just could not use 2 Tbs of vanilla. Seemed too much.
I halved the recipe & baked it in an 8-inch square pan. I left out the nutmeg. It was delicious! Love that I can prepare it the night before. This was my first time making an overnight French toast bake - have been wanting to try one for a long time & finally felt brave enough to do it with this recipe.
This is by far the favorite choice for Christmas morning but everyone loves it so much, I sneak it in on other special days too!
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- French Toast Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >