- 1 loaf (1 pound) cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place half of the bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with cream cheese and remaining bread.
- In a large bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Overnight Raisin French Toast
"Made this casserole for Christmas brunch. Liked that it was prepared the night before, and was so simple. Wonderful flavors, and the leftovers reheated well."
"I have made this for ladies' Bible study brunch and for our Christmas morning brunch. Always a hit! I try to get cinnamon, raisin bread."
"made this for my grandkids - huge success they liked it with whipped cream on top - thanks"
"This is a great recipe! I used a raisin egg challah and being sweeter than regular raisin bread, I cut the sugar in half. I sprinkled cinnamon sugar on top when serving and it was plenty sweet enough. This is definitely a keeper,"
"I was so happy to find this recipe again. Made it quite some time ago and everyone loved it. Will be making this again this weekend! Great for overnight guest."