Overnight Raisin French Toast Recipe
“This recipe came from a colleague years ago and has become a potluck, brunch and family favorite! My staff used to ask for it every holiday. I love the convenience of great make-ahead recipes and this is one I turn to all the time. I like to sprinkle it with cinnamon and sugar when removing it from the oven." Stephanie Weaver - Sligo, Pennsylvania
- 1 loaf (1 pound) cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. Place half of the bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with cream cheese and remaining bread.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 305 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 177 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC