Overnight Raisin French Toast
“This recipe came from a colleague years ago and has become a potluck, brunch and family favorite! My staff used to ask for it every holiday. I love the convenience of great make-ahead recipes and this is one I turn to all the time. I like to sprinkle it with cinnamon and sugar when removing it from the oven." Stephanie Weaver - Sligo, Pennsylvania
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place half of the bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- dish. Top with cream cheese and remaining bread.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over top.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake
- at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or
- until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 305 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 177 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.