Overnight Raisin French Toast Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place half of the bread cubes in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with cream cheese and remaining bread.
- In a large bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Overnight Raisin French Toast
Sort By :
"I was so happy to find this recipe again. Made it quite some time ago and everyone loved it. Will be making this again this weekend! Great for overnight guest."
"Our family and friends love this recipe! I used Pancake syrup rather than pure maple syrup, and it turns out fine. I have also split the recipe, and baked it in an 8" square pan with excellent results. It is a favorite for brunch potlucks, and I'm always asked to bring it!"
"Way, way, way too sweet!! OMG - it issickening sweet. I used cinnamon bread, should have at least skipped the additional sugar. Never again.... Wow...."
"I made this for Christmas morning brunch with our grown kids and their significant others. It was a huge hit and requested to have it again next year."
"The (room temperature) regular cream cheese didn't melt at all - NOT low fat. Expected more of a maple syrup flavor. Just could not use 2 Tbs of vanilla. Seemed too much."