Overnight Pecan French Toast
Whenever our family gathers for Christmas brunch, this convenient make-ahead dish is one crowd-pleaser I can count on. It's a mouthwatering cross between French toast and sticky pecan rolls-and really something to celebrate!—Larry Laatsch, Saginaw, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 8 to 10 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine the eggs, cream
- and vanilla. Add bread slices; soak for 5 minutes. Turn bread over;
- cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, syrup and pecans. Pour
- into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with bread. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted
- near the center comes out clean. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 1,249 calories, 56 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 531 mg cholesterol, 1,207 mg sodium, 153 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 28 g protein.