Overnight Pecan French Toast Recipe
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 8 to 10 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine the eggs, cream and vanilla. Add bread slices; soak for 5 minutes. Turn bread over; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, syrup and pecans. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with bread. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 1249 calories, 56g fat (25g saturated fat), 531mg cholesterol, 1207mg sodium, 153g carbohydrate (86g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein .
Reviews for Overnight Pecan French Toast
"Absolutely delicious! Served this for brunch when my son and some friends came to visit. They LOVED it. It was easy to prepare the night before. The french bread I got did not fit well into my baking dish....so I cubed it and simply layered the cubes into the egg mixture. It was easy to use a spatula turner to move the bread cubes on top of the sauce in the second pan. I also added a tsp of cinnamon to the topping mixture to suit our tastes. This is a keeper!!"
"Oh so yummy. Walnuts work well too. 1/2 stick melted butter works fine!"
"This was awesome. I made it for my daughter and some of her friends home from college. They loved it. I did not have half and half so I substituted French Vanilla creamer and cut the vanilla flavoring in 1/2. Delicious!!"
"This is some really wonderful stuff! Well worth the calories, although I did use whole milk in place of the cream. Next time I make this, I'm going to try it with cinnamon swirl bread!!"
"I made this for a birthday brunch and it was fabulous! Quick and easy !"
"This was so yummy! Very quick and easy to prepare. I will definetly be making this again! Thanks for posting."