Overnight Pecan French Toast Recipe
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 8 to 10 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine the eggs, cream and vanilla. Add bread slices; soak for 5 minutes. Turn bread over; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, syrup and pecans. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with bread. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Overnight Pecan French Toast(5)
Sort By :
This is some really wonderful stuff! Well worth the calories, although I did use whole milk in place of the cream. Next time I make this, I'm going to try it with cinnamon swirl bread!!
Got great reviews at a breakfast for dinner party. Used regular syrup instead of maple. Mine didn't come out overwhelmingly sweet as others have said and this may be why.
I made this for a birthday brunch and it was fabulous! Quick and easy !
Delicious and simple for Christmas morning breakfast. Made it the day before and popped it in the oven while we opened gifts!
This was so yummy! Very quick and easy to prepare. I will definetly be making this again! Thanks for posting.