Overnight Pecan French Toast Recipe
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 8 to 10 slices French bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, combine the eggs, cream and vanilla. Add bread slices; soak for 5 minutes. Turn bread over; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter, syrup and pecans. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with bread. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Overnight Pecan French Toast(6)
Sort By :
This was awesome. I made it for my daughter and some of her friends home from college. They loved it. I did not have half and half so I substituted French Vanilla creamer and cut the vanilla flavoring in 1/2. Delicious!!
This is some really wonderful stuff! Well worth the calories, although I did use whole milk in place of the cream. Next time I make this, I'm going to try it with cinnamon swirl bread!!
Got great reviews at a breakfast for dinner party. Used regular syrup instead of maple. Mine didn't come out overwhelmingly sweet as others have said and this may be why.
I made this for a birthday brunch and it was fabulous! Quick and easy !
Delicious and simple for Christmas morning breakfast. Made it the day before and popped it in the oven while we opened gifts!